Posted on: 22 January 2015
Are you tired of looking at that junk car that's sitting in your yard? If you are, you might want to sell it to a junkyard (such as Full Circle Recycling). They'll haul the eyesore away and give you some cash for it. If you want to get creative, strip it down before you ship it off. There are a lot of different ways you can re-purpose those old car parts. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
If you've wanted to plant dwarf fruit trees but the soil is too hard, you can use tires to create the perfect above-ground planters anywhere in your yard.
Supplies You'll Need
- Old tires
- Garden hose
- Liquid grease cutting dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Spray primer
- Acrylic spray paint
- Epoxy glue
- Paint brush
- Potting soil
- Scrub the inside of the tire with your soap.
- Rinse them thoroughly with your garden hose and allow them to air dry.
- Apply a coat of primer to the tire and let it dry for about an hour.
- Use your acrylic spray paint to decorate the outside of the tires.
- Place your first tire where you want to plant your tree.
- Apply a thin layer of epoxy glue to the top of the tire.
- Place your second tire on the glue and allow to dry for several hours.
- Fill the tires with potting soil and make a hole in the center of the soil.
- Carefully place your fruit tree in the planter and pat the soil down.
Are you looking for a unique way to light your garden path? You can use old radiators to lend a creative touch to your backyard. Be sure to flush your radiator with the garden hose before you begin this project.
Supplies You'll Need
- Old radiators
- Solar garden lights
- Hand shovel
- Decide where you want your radiator lamps placed.
- Use your hand shovel to dig a narrow trench.
- Place your radiator in the trench and pat the dirt down to stabilize it.
- Remove the radiator cap and place the bottom of the solar lamp inside the opening of the radiator.
- Your radiator lamps will light your path every night.
Back Seat Patio Bench
Don't forget about the back seat when you're looking for car parts to re-purpose. With a few throw pillows, you'll be relaxing on your back seat patio bench in no time at all. You won't even have to do any extra work. Simply remove the seat and sit it on your porch.
Before you send your old car to the junkyard, strip it down and get some use out of the parts. These simple ideas are a great way to re-purpose your old car.